Ocimum concern-sweet basil highly aromatic, different varieties of tulsi may smell and taste of peppermint, cloves, licorice or lemon.
Current research offers substantial evidence that tulsi protects against.
1. It reduces stress.
2. It enhances stamina, endurance.
3. It Boost the immune system.
4. It reduces inflammation.
5. It protect against radiatio0n damage.
6. It lessens ageing factors.
7. It support the heart.
8. It gives lungs and liver has antibiotic antifungal properties.
9. It provides a rich supply of antioxidants.
characteristics and constituents:
The leaves contain an essential oil, which has been studied with gas chromatography. The oil contains eugenol, eugenal, carvacrol, methyl-chavicol, limatrol and caryophylline.
A variety of biologically active compounds have been isolated from the leaves including ursolic acid, apigenin and luteolin. The seeds contain oil composed of fatty acids and sitosterol. The mucilage is compared of sugars - xylose and polysaccharides.